Look Before You Book This Holiday Season
Buses will safely travel thousands of miles around the United States to connect millions of Americans with their loved ones this holiday season. Traveling by bus is a low-cost travel option that allows passengers to avoid long lines at airports and enjoy the scenery rather than fight the traffic.
Most bus companies are committed to providing a safe and enjoyable travel experience for passengers. However, before booking a trip this holiday season, use the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administrations’ bus safety search tool. Here you can search for your desired bus company and view their safety data to make the best choice for holiday bus travel.
After you’ve booked your trip, here are a few safety tips when onboard a bus:
- Listen to the pre-trip safety message.
- Stay seated while the bus is moving.
- If seat belts are available, stay buckled up while the bus is in motion.
- Keep personal belongings in the overhead bin or securely under your seat, so they don’t slide into or block the aisles.
- Mask up, the federal mask mandate is still intact.
For more bus safety tips, visit https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety/passenger-safety/passenger-carrier-and-bus-safety.